Drop-Off & Pickup
Vehicle drop-off & pickup procedures
Elm Creek Elementary students should be dropped off and picked up in the front parking lot only. Children should enter and exit your vehicle using the curbside door. If you desire, you may park your vehicle in the parking lot, meet your child at their outside door, and escort them across the parking lot. (Note: Maple Grove Police/Fire Departments will ticket vehicles parked in the No Parking zone.)
Children should never walk through the parking lot without a parent/guardian escorting them; this is extremely important for the safety of each child. Please cross the parking lot at either of the marked crosswalks with the student patrol only.
Due to space limitations, vehicles must continue moving around the circle when dropping off or picking up. Drop-off and pickup may only happen at the white curb; there is no longer drop-off or pickup in the yellow curb area.
Please yield to buses at the entrance to the school parking lot and let them in first. Thank you!
Walking to school
Students may not arrive before 8:35 a.m. as there is no supervision prior to that time. Children will enter the building at 8:40 a.m. Students who walk to school must cross with the patrols using the designated walkways. There are no patrols on 99th Avenue by the path leading to school.
Note: No wheels are allowed on the school grounds or inside the school. Bikes, roller blades, roller shoes, skateboards and all other items with wheels may be confiscated until a parent/guardian is able to retrieve them.
- Door 13 (students who ride the bus)
- Door 14 (walkers and drop-offs)
- Grade 1: Door 2
- Grade 2: Door 3
- Grade 3: Door 14 to enter; dismiss at Door 1
- Grade 4: Door 1 to enter; dismiss at grade-level door
- Grade 5: Door 1 to enter; dismiss at grade-level door
At the end of the day, all student walkers and pickups should exit through their grade-level door (with the exception of grade 3, which will exit through Door 1).
- Please drop off and pick up your students at the white curb. To make this process as smooth as possible, please do not linger in this area before or after dropping off or picking up your student.
- Drop off and pick up no longer happen in the yellow curb area.
- Please only cross the parking lot at either of the marked crosswalks, where student patrol will be able to assist you.